Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Truth




Truth comes from the heart
There, God smiles
Humbly for you and I
,
Don't study your mind
Go stright to the source
And look deep inside
.
Today I will sing during my prayer times
I will pray during my songs
Come join
.
When the words melt
What is left of you
But your name
.
To guarantee everything
Falls short of guarantying
your own death
,
Life is not certain
The glory is in the must
Thus dying becomes a king
.
So, stop pretending
Consider you will be
with whoever or no one
.
What is the point
Ask yourself that
Then meet me there
On the shore

2 comments:

Zee said...

beautiful
it followed the sentiments
I had during this season

Scent of the Levant said...

Today I will sing during my prayer times,I will pray during my song, Come join

- a picture of sufis chanting together in unison came to my head when I read those lines.